What is the Autism Experience?
Want to increase your knowledge of autism? Take part in an autism experience workshop at Discover Autism! In up to three-and-a-half hours you will experience how you will react to an environment that doesn’t accommodate your way of thinking. This gives you an insight into the capacities and (im)possibilities for people with autism. We will also give you tips on how to use these insights to create a more autism-friendly environment.
We work closely together with experts by experience who will share their firsthand accounts on what it’s like to live with a neurodivergent brain. We also provide an e-learning which contains valuable tips and information
Would you prefer to register immediately? Registering is possible in the webshop below.
“A very interesting and clear lecture on autism and stress… In short; very positive and we will definitely invite the gentlemen again”
– Roos Venema, coördinator at Erasmus University
- You are welcome fifteen minutes before the start for a cup of coffee or tea
- First half of the workshop (1,5 hour)
- Short break (15 minutes)
- Second half of the workshop (1,25 hour)
- Informal opportunity to chat and ask personal question
The whole Autism Experience will take about three hours.
- The investment is €77,50 per person, inclusive coffee and tea and our additional reference work.
- Workshop: 3 hours
Interested in an incompany training?
We are able to provide a variety of presentations and workshops. Click on this link to let us know what you would like and we will send you a personalised proposal. We are able to perform a variety of presentations, please let us know what you would like and we wil give you a good offer.
For whom is this workshop suitable?
- The autism experience workshop is suitable for anybody who is interested in increasing their understanding of autism.
- The goal is to slightly confuse, overstimulate and hold a mirror in front of the participants. Therefor the experience might not be ‘autism-friendly’.
- Our workshop is not suitable as a replacement for individualised psychoeducation.
Discover Autism provides the autism experience workshop at our own location;
-Dr.stolteweg 72, 8025 AZ, Zwolle.
t the 29th of november we will give the next workshop.
- Zwolle: Dr. Stolteweg 72, 8025 AZ, at Ontdek Autisme
Roos Venema – Coördinator at Erasmus University
“Jasper and Max gave a very interesting and clear lecture on autism and stress during an event at Erasmus University. Max could very well tell from his own experiences and from the audience I understood that this was an eye opener for many colleagues. Also the communication in advance went smoothly, giving the lecture in English was no problem and there was good thinking within the possibilities that we had. In short; very positive and we will definitely invite the gentlemen again!”
Matty Hendriks Lecturer HAN University of Applied Sciences
“Jasper offered our international group of students a powerful workshop about autism. It really helps to understand the challenges that people with autism may face and also what their strengths can be. Jasper is a terrific workshopleader and his colleagues, who are all experience experts, give an interesting addition by talking about their own experiences with autism.”
Request an invoice
Sign up below, via our webshop partner Eventix